With over 7 years of experience in teaching music as well as a Bachelor Degree in Music with the University of Montreal, I offer 1-on-1 and group lessons online (through Discord) as well as in my studio in Montreal. If you’ve watched my streams on Twitch, you already know how passionate I am about teaching music, and how geek I am about music theory. 😉
Subjects I teach
- Harp, Singing & Piano
- Sight Reading
- Solfège, Ear Training & Music Dictation
- Beginner & Advanced Music Theory and Analysis
- Music Composition & Songwriting
- Creative development
I can help you prepare your concerts, auditions & scholarship exams, or also simply realize a dream you always had. I’ll make sure every lesson we have together is fun, challenging, and brings you the most of my experience.
You wish to take lessons with me but you live abroad? There’s absolutely no problem! I do give distance lessons through Discord (or Skype). Technology is so awesome!
In order for our lessons to work, here a few things you need to have:
- A computer & internet connection.
- Discord Installed on your computer. You might want to join my Discord Server for more support & free content.
- You need to have your own instrument (As I will be unable to lend you mine for the time of the lesson)
- You need to have a microphone & a camera with good enough quality. Laptop build-in cam & mics might do the job, but having a slightly better quality might help making it easier for both of us. A lot of reasonable priced gear is available on Amazon. I personally recommend the C920 Logitech Webcam.
- You need to install “Musescore”, which is a free music notation software. I will use this tool frequently for exercises and examples during our lessons.
How does it work?
Lessons are generally booked every week, and the same time, and they last about 55 minutes. Like I do with my studio students, I will be taking notes for you during our lessons to help remember what to work on between sessions. We’ll be working on different aspects of your musicianships, for instance technique, performance, music theory, ear training & sight reading.
The way that I have found works the best for both online and offline lessons are an iPad app named ForScore. It’s a sheet music manager that allows you to import, read and take notes on your sheet music. It can be synced with Dropbox, so it’s allowing us to exchange notes easily. I think there is a very similar app with a different name for Android tablet, but I haven’t tried it.
If you don’t have a tablet, don’t worry though! We will be working around your setup just as fine! We can still work together and be efficient without having you need to spend on a tablet! As long as you have what it needs for us to video-chat together, all is good!
I am currently working on creating downloadable courses to help you reach your full music potential without the costs of regular 1-on-1 lessons. These courses can’t replace the help of a physical human being and real-time feedback, but they can help you get the most of the 1 hour we’re facing each other.
My ultimate goal is to create series of courses that can give you an experience that’s as close as possible to studying music in a college or University. There are so many things I can’t fit in a regular lesson, that I feel don’t require me to sit by your side, and could help you make progress so much faster! Check out the courses available HERE
Terms & Conditions
- The price for my lessons are 50$USD for a lesson (55 minutes). I offer discounts on blocks of 10 lessons, make sure to reach to me about it you would be interested in that.
- Online Lessons are payable strictly by Paypal.
- Lessons must be paid BEFORE the lesson starts.
- Unless it’s for young children, I don’t offer 30 and 45 minutes lessons. I believe they are too short for me to be able to properly do my job and give you the best value I can. Though, I’ll be happy to offer longer lesson blocks if that is something you consider doing. Get in touch with me for the rates.
- I have a 24h cancel policy. As I work on a per-lesson basis, technically, this does not mean anything else other than I expect you to be respectful of my time. Life can happen, but if I feel you are not being serious or considerate of my time, I reserve the right to remove your schedule priority or stop providing lessons.
- Conditions are subject to change at any given time without notice. All prices on my website are for reference purposes and are also subject to change at any given time.