Private Lessons (1-on-1)
With over 7 years of experience in teaching music as well as a Bachelor Degree in Music with the University of Montreal, I offer 1-on1 and group lessons online (through Discord) as well as in my studio in Montreal. If you’ve watched my streams on Twitch, you already know how passionate I am about teaching music, and how geek I am about music theory.
Subjects I teach:
- Harp, Singing & Piano
- Sight Reading
- Solfège, Ear Training & Music Dictation
- Beginner & Advanced Music Theory and Analysis
- Music Composition & Songwriting
- Creative Developpement
I can help you prepare your concerts, auditions & scholarship exams, or also simply realize a dream you always had. I’ll make sure every lesson we have together is fun, challenging, and brings you the most of my experience.
You wish to take lessons with me but you live abroad? There’s absolutely no problem! I give lessons now using Discord (Yep, I’m ditching Skype, Discord is way more reliable). Technology is so awesome!
In order for our lessons to work, here a few things you need to have:
- A fast enough internet connection
- Discord Installed on your computer. You might want to join my Discord Server for more support & free content.
- You need to have your own instrument (for obvious reasons, I will be unable to lend you mine for the time of the lesson)
- You need to have a microphone & a camera of a good enough quality. Laptop build-in cam & mics might do the job, but having a slightly better quality might help making it easier for both of us. A lot of reasonable priced gear is available on Amazon.
- You need to install “Musescore”, which is a free music notation software. I will use this tool frequently for exercises and examples during our lessons.
- You’ll need to install Team Viewer on your computer. It is a remote control software that will allow me to point things at you while I speak, and take notes directly onto your pdf files.
How does it work?
Lessons are generally booked every week, and the same time, and they last about 55 minutes. Like I do with my studio students, I will be taking notes for you during our lessons to help remember what to work on between lessons. We’ll be working on different aspects of your musicianships, for instance technique, performance, music theory, ear training & sight reading.
The way that I have found works the best for both online and offline lessons are an iPad app named ForScore. It’s a sheet music manager that allows you to import, read and take notes on your sheet music. It can be synced with Dropbox, so it’s allowing us to exchange notes easily. I think there is a very similar app with a different name for Android tablet, but I haven’t tried it.
If you don’t have a tablet, don’t worry though! We will be working around your setup just as fine! We can still work together and be efficient without having you need to spend on a tablet! As long as you have what it needs for us to video-chat together, all is good!
Online Video Lessons & Masterclass
I am currently working on creating downloadable courses to help you reach your full music potential without the costs of regular 1-on-1 lessons. These courses can’t replace the help of a physical human being and real-time feedback, but they can help you get the most of the 1 hour we’re facing each other.
My ultimate goal is to create series of courses that can give you an experience that’s as close as possible to studying music in a college or University. There are so many things I can’t fit in a regular lesson, that I feel don’t require me to sit by your side, and could help you make progress so much faster! Check out the courses available HERE
Terms & Conditions
- I don’t give my rates on my website. Please reach to me and I’ll happily let you know what they are.
- In-Studio Lessons are payable by interact transfer
- Online Lessons are payable by Paypal
- Lessons must be paid BEFORE the lesson starts. There is a possibility of booking multiple lessons for a discounted price.
- Unless it’s for young children, I don’t offer 30 and 45 minutes lessons. Though, I’ll be happy to offer longer lesson blocks if that is something you consider doing. Get in touch with me for the prices.
- I have a 24h cancel policy. I will gladly rebook your lesson during the week (within 7 days), but only if that’s possible for both our schedules. Otherwise, the course can’t be credited to the following week and will be lost without reimboursement.